Doing it all the hard way...

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Coffee and Lies # 158 Back in the saddle again, again

Glow sticks in the snow at night
A BRIEF recap is in order. 

Following my race at Woodland Park way back in late November; Hottie and I spent Thanksgiving at the cabin with our three oldest grandchildren.  
It was fun for us and the kids had a blast. They took away great memories and left behind potent germs. Hottie and I were both sick for most of December.   It was the miss work, on your butt walking dead, kind of sick.
We recovered just in time to welcome back my wandering sons, one at a time, to our home and then to the cabin.   
Tim down from Alaska
Zach, Julie and Sasha "chillin"
It was fun to share some quality time with them and we were sad to see them go.  
Zach brought his family and we all pretended not to be too cold and in the end we called our time in the snow “fun.”
For an assortment of reasons Hottie and I were glad to bid farewell to 2015 and by default we were happy to welcome in 2016.
As 2016 gets going Hottie needs to get her arm working and we will find out what the path is to make that happen.   I need to get serious about training for a planned return to France this summer.  Though we love our cabin; Hottie and I hope to spent some time snorkeling before the leaves start falling.
I’ve had the chance to put more gear to the test and have formed definite opinions that I will share on this blog.
I'm a little short on words...........

No comments: