Doing it all the hard way...

Friday, May 6, 2016

Watts per kilogram

Whilst Tux stays home and keeps an eye on my mother; Hottie and I are off to visit kin in the Eastern Time Zone.   My goal of getting into European climbing shape prior to this trip has been met.  I was due for a rest week and I am treating this trip as a super-sized rest week.
Grandpa, where are you ?
As I confront jet lag and large quantities of food appearing before my face I hope I can maintain some semblance of restraint.  It would be tragic to come back from this holiday having lost fitness and increased my girth.  To my absolute delight I am lighter than I have ever been in my cycling life.  It feels good.  Based on the amount of climbing that awaits me it could not have happened at a better time.
Upon my return I will enter the final phase of my training plan and hope to log another thousand kilometers prior to flying across the pond.  I’m still slightly ahead of plan but I haven’t had any real problems yet.

No comments: