I swapped bottle cages between bikes to make the bike I’m taking to the Dolomites a few grams lighter. While I was at it I cut a few mm off the bolt for the top cap on my stem for the same reason. I already knew my seat post was trimmed as much as I dared.
I looked over the bike from one end to the other with an eye focused on weight. I even considered cable length from a weight perspective. That led to a brief moment of sanity whereupon I said, “Enough.”
Back to function. I checked the chain and brake pads. I replaced both. I stepped back and looked at the bike. This is the final configuration. It looks ready. I wish I could say the same about my fitness.