Doing it all the hard way...

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Up and up in preparation for some serious up and up

Hottie and I (and a guest) made the short drive to Port Angeles where I stepped over my bike and rode uphill.  These views greeted me..
This was a view on the way up Hurricane Ridge.  
Hottie took some photos up top, but I can't get my hands on them, so you'll just have to imagine what it looked like.  If I get them, I will share them....

After returning home and checking the email traffic there was a team ride brewing for the next day up to Crystal Mountain and then up Sunrise on Mt. Rainier.  I was in !
 Lots of guys in their summer "whites."
 We are IN !!
 We are in line (along with some Old Town Bike folks in front of us)..
Tom "The Cheetah" expresses it all with a big thumbs up !  
This was at Sunrise (elevation 6,400' a.k.a. 1,940m)
Among the seven of us there was only one who brought a vest. The rest of us stuffed newspaper inside our jerseys "just like the guys in the Tour."  I can report that it worked !!
If the road went all the way to the 14,410' summit, we would have ridden there, as it was, we topped out at 6,400' where the pave' ended...

On our pending journey we will miss Marc.

No comments: