Doing it all the hard way...

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Into the sphincter of the storm

After a string of storms that deluged Seattle I awoke to find it wasn't raining for my bike commute. I departed in the dark and as the first strains of light illuminated the sky I noted a break in the clouds. I looked around and I was surrounded by clouds. The only clear spot was over me. As I rode in the opening grew smaller and smaller.

Had the opening closed like an eye, with two opposite side converging, I would have said I had ridden through the eye of the storm. This morning all sides closed in at once so the circle just shrank until it was gone and then sprinkles began to hit me in the parking lot.

I can draw no other conclusion other than to say I rode though the sphincter of the storm.

No comments: