Doing it all the hard way...

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Full spectrum riding


Note my "surprise" when I realize my stalker is following me.

Over the past week I have enjoyed:

Riding on my lunch hour
With Paulo. Amazing how few days we have been rained out.

Spin class
Riding indoors with an instructor and a bunch of people you only kind of know. It can be a lot of fun, but you are kind of at the mercy of the instructor and what he or she has planned. Trying to take it easy in spin class is like trying to eat just one chocolate chip cookie when they come out of the oven.

Rollers
I thought I knew how to ride a bike until I got on my super cool new rollers. Whew, that was an adventure !! I enjoyed a Belgian cyclocross video I got from Kevin. The commentary is in Flemmish and it totally rocks. It is a good, though solitary workout, and my form is getting better.

Riding Solo
Around the north end of Lake Washington in the early morning. A beautiful sunrise.

Group Ride
Then I meet up with the team ride on the east end of Mercer and join them for a casual ride back. I felt pretty strong and it gave me just over 50 miles before ten in the morning.

No comments: