Doing it all the hard way...

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Five days in October


The Romans put stone markers by the side of their roads at intervals so travelers could mark their progress. From this practice came the term “milestones.” This past week milestones were so plentiful I felt like I was skipping from one to the next without touching the ground.
On Saturday my sweet daughter got married.
On Sunday, Hottie who has been taking professional caliber photographs for years, found the venue to start making some actual cash !
On Monday, I called AAA (the auto club AAA, not the addiction folks AA) for the first time.
Tuesday my father showed none of the patience and wisdom one would expect of a 79 year old man, and was part of a group overpowering an unruly passenger on his commercial airline flight home (check the web on this one). Also on Tuesday, my dear mother broke free of the shackles that had bound her since the last millennium. She proceeded to toss her worn out rear view mirror in the garbage where it belonged, and started looking toward the future.
Today the course for the 2010 Tour de France was announced. See you on the Tormalet !

The only downside was amid this firestorm of events was the cold I caught from my visiting father. This is a small price to pay.

No comments: