Doing it all the hard way...

Friday, July 16, 2021

Back on the trail....

 

           I feel like I'm always coming back from something. Today is no different...

I crashed a friend's party and went for a quick overnight backpack in our Cascade mountains.  The bad news was I needed to use two hiking poles, the good news is neither was white with a red tip. It felt good to be moving on the trail and the poles helped for sure.  

                                             This hat makes my eye look green.

Two weeks ago California sent us their triple digit heat and for this trip it seems Alaska sent us their mosquito population.  We had headnets and we knew how to use them. We sprayed anything exposed with cancer to keep the buzzing menaces from biting.

I awoke to find a small creature had chewed a large hold in one of my stuff sacks, but no damage to the tent, so I called that a win.

A relaxed breakfast and casual roll out brought our adventure to a fine conclusion.

                                  This is Turbine leading Evo back to the car!

No comments: