Doing it all the hard way...

Monday, September 9, 2019

Slow motion rider


 Oh baby.....
Since OTGG I’ve been quiet.  The reasons are more nuanced than simply saying I was tired, or old, or busy.  Nonetheless I was pleased to have achieved my two very separate goals of preparing for, and doing, the event itself. 

Following the race I went into recovery mode and that was a good thing.  I was hungry for a month and my legs didn’t feel zippy for six weeks.  I’m not saying my legs weren’t strong, I am just sharing that they were heavy and tired for a long time.

With my goal accomplished I didn’t feel driven to load up the hours of training.  I’m still riding a lot and I do try and sprinkle in some intensity now and then, but I’m not gaming my schedule to fit in three or four hours of riding before or after work each week.  Likewise if I am going long on a Saturday it is because of an opportunity for fun, not an obligation to log hours in the saddle.

My work circumstances have changed, at least in the short term, and that is allowing me some added ride opportunities during the week.  I’ve noted some fast friends of mine on STRAVA who seem to ride a little almost every day, as opposed to fitting a week of riding into one weeknight and two weekend rides.  This may be my style for a while.  I am anxious to see how that plays out.

No comments: