Doing it all the hard way...

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Coffee and Lies November 2018

Blue skies means cold 
The thermometer said it was 34 outside.  I started some coffee and picked up my phone and started checking through my weather apps.  Accuweather said it was 30 degrees. I checked Dark Sky. I was weather shopping.   

The sun wasn't up and it was cold and dry.  I checked to see if there was a "Plan B" email from McWoodie.  Nope.  

We ride. 

After coffee, breakfast and feeding Tux, I loaded up and went south.  It was getting light.

There was nobody at the designated corner.  I rode up and down to stay warm.  I had a beanie under my helmet and a neck warmer.  Two sets of gloves, tights and shoe covers. 

After it was more than obvious this would be a solo journey I set off.  The ride starts downhill and the wind cut me.  I grimaced and waited for the sun.  A few corners later I spotted two faithful teammates waiting.  

"Now I know who the hardmen of the Peloton are," I proclaimed.   
It was a day for wool and lots of it
Triple A was not going to be cold.  He was committed to having fun no matter how miserable it made him.  Today he was dressed appropriately. 

We avoided the areas we thought might be icy.  The sun wasn't warm, but it made it less cold compared to the shade.  

We kept it casual and didn't look for opportunities to go longer.  When our talk turned to coffee our pace picked up.  Soon KB had claimed a table and Triple A and I procured hot beverages. 

To the casual observer the day was nothing special.  It was, however, a chance to talk and for each of us to share the load with our brothers.   Coffee and Lies.  Thank you my brothers. 

No comments: