Doing it all the hard way...

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Off the couch and back on the bike

No PR on STRAVA today...
Two weeks ago I was losing a battle with a virus that was not going away quietly.  In a few days I am not allowed to be sick, so to my own surprise, I took it easy.  I didn't want to drive it down into my lungs so no skiing or riding. Alas, the cold got worse and I stayed home and drank glass after glass of orange juice diluted with bubble water. 

A couple days of sleeping eleven hours each night and lounging during the day did the job and pretty soon I felt better.  

As I said, I can't be sick so I was super careful when I started working out again.  Hottie reminded me to take it easy and I did.  I went for a run and felt pretty good.  Until the next morning when my legs felt like someone had shot baseballs at my quads during my sleep. Two weeks off and a run does this?

Today I went for a ride. The first one in a while. Again, I wanted to take it easy both because my legs were still a little sore and to make sure my cold was long gone.

The rain was supposed to let up about ten and it did.  This is a story wherein a lot of things happen that are supposed to happen.  For me, this is unusual. 

I put on my costume and set off for a three hour tour. 

My legs warmed up and I settled in.  There was a wicked headwind and the rain was off and on.  I put on my rain jacket and stayed dry. Later the rain stopped and I put the jacket in my pocket.  I ate a bar and rode on.

I came across the fallen tree blocking the bike trail in the photo above.  It was awesome.

When my day was done my legs felt good.  My body felt good.  That ride was my reset button.

No comments: